Friday, January 22, 2010

Valentine Wreath

Last month a couple friends posted a wreath they made in a similar fashion as this, along with this wonderful tutorial! A couple weeks ago I realized I should probably take down our Christmas wreath on the front door, but wanted something fun to put up in its place. I remembered the cute felt wreath and decided to see if I could make it work with a Valentine's theme. I bought a foam wreath form, a couple yards of white and ivory felt, and a few small sheets of reds/pinks/oranges to cut 3" circles from.

It took me about 3 days of intermittent circle tracing, cutting, and pinning to get it finished. I definitely have a blister on the tip of my thumb from pushing in about 200 straight pins! Once the felt circles were all pinned, I decided to add some fun flowers and the little bird to cheer it up!

1 comment:

Brianne said...

so cute! I feel your pin-pushing blister pain!