Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fall Owl Quilt


My Mom gave me some of her cute fall fabrics to make a quilt with last week. She had made one from a similar pattern, so I came home and figured out some dimensions for cutting and went to work. I have now learned how to cut fabric with a rotary cutter while sitting down! It's not as easy as one would think. I decided that I wanted 30 blocks that are 8" once the quilt is assembled. I spent one day cutting, one day sewing, and 2 days basting, quilting, and binding. I think this is one of the fasted quilts I've put together! Tom and I both love the little owls in the bright fall colors.


3 comments:

AP Mommy said...

Adorable! Great inspiration! Although probably not for this season of fall - hehe :)

Unknown said...

That's awesome!! I'm so jealous of your talent ;)

Mary said...

I adore the owl quilt!!!