Thursday, August 27, 2009

Brown Bear Quilt



This quilt went together so quickly! I bought half a yard of the animal blocks from the Brown Bear Eric Carle, 4 fat quarters, and 1/2 yard in a two different minky fabrics. I still have enough that I can make a second quilt exactly like this one. I used a pattern from the Summer 2009 edition of Quilts & More. I swapped some of the cotton fabric for minky (an interesting experience) and made 9 blocks instead of 20. This is the first time I've used minky. At first it was frustrating me because it kept stretching, but I added the walking foot and that helped keep everything lined up. At 40" square this will make a perfect baby gift!

3 comments:

Judi said...

i want you to teach me! i love this one...

Andrea Carlson said...

This is amazing. It's so cool that you can make something usable out of one of the most classic children's books!! I love it.

Andrea Carlson said...

I just went to comment on this..then realized I already had! I must really, really like it!