Thursday, March 19, 2009

What a Swell Quilt


I started this quilt last summer! It's made with the line of fabric called Swell by Moda's Urban Chicks. I love the bright red with pale yellow and blue. I was originally going to do a scalloped edge, but that turned into far too much confusion, so it ended up with a regular old straight edge. I used 2 sets of charm packs for the center, and yardage for the borders. It ended up being a very quick job to quilt once I had it all glue basted together! 

The cats also decided they needed significant involvement in this project. Orangey helped me sew the binding together. Missy tested it for cuddliness while I took a break from whip stitching the binding to the back. Now our living room is proudly sporting a new couch-quilt, and the fall themed one is resting for a few months! 





2 comments:

Mary said...

That's really cool, Stacy! Haha, I love that picture of your kitty in the blanket!

Anonymous said...

Love the colors! Bright and cheery for Spring :)