Sunday, December 21, 2008

In a Pear Tree

Today I finished my pear tree quilt! Initially I thought that it would be a lap sized quilt, but as you can see it almost covers our queen sized bed! I used some Nancy Halvorson Christmas fabrics that I started collecting last year, and then found a complimentary line this year. This is the biggest quilt I've done, and it was almost too large to comfortably quilt on my machine. I think now I'll get back to a smaller project! :)




I made this wall sign for our bedroom about a month ago, but just got to the pictures! I used a piece of hardwood, covered it with a sealer and then used the crackle paint spread as the background. Then I designed the words in photoshop, printed it, and used graphite paper to get the outline onto the board, which I then used acrylic paints to detail. 


1 comment:

Rach said...

I am once again stunned! I knew you were talented, but wow!!